How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 : Learn Blogging Free Course This blog creation guide is created for users like you who are just starting out and knows a little or nothing about blogging. In this blog you will get complete Idea about the blogging which will help you to get better understanding of How to start a blog 2021 , blogging for 2021, blogging free course 2021 etc. We are teaching blogging for free through our website name www.sparkcomputereducation.com.
Within the next few minutes, you will have your blog up and running.
Module 1: Select the Blogging Platform
The first answer you should have is, where should you create your blog?
There are many blogging platforms out there, and people have different opinions about each of them.
Most of the Bloggers start blogging on the WordPress platform.
WordPress is popular because it’s easy to use.
Here is an interesting fact: 37% of the websites in the world is powered by WordPress.
Once you have crossed the testing period, you are ready to do something more meaningful. Get a WordPress blog, and don’t confuse yourself with WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress -blog.
A self-hosted WordPress blog (WordPress.org) is what you need.
For Free you can go with Free blogspot which google’s own tool for doing blogging
Module 2: What your blog is about? (Niche)
See most of the people write so many things on their blog and from which google get confuse about that blog , The very first thing you need to do is find the niche of your blog. By niche, I mean finding a topic that your blog is going to be about.
I hope you don’t plan to blog about every random thing and make money. This doesn’t work in 2021 and your chances of success are better when you blog on a single topic. You might be a jack of all trades, and want to start a blog on multiple topics, but it will not be fruitful, as people like to subscribe to a blog, which is an authority on a particular topic.
Moreover, Google which is the biggest search engine prefers a website which is built on a single topic. For example, ShoutMeLoud topic is “blogging,” and that’s how you found us.
Now, the big question is
how to find the topic of your blog?
Here are a few tips that will help you to get started:
- Find a topic that you know better than anyone else. It doesn’t have to be the job you are doing, and it could be anything. Try to think about the topic that you most like to talk about, and you can comfortably talk about it for hours.
- The good idea is to pick a topic that you usually read about. The topic which you read about all the time is something that interests you.
- Also, make sure you have a keen interest in a particular topic, and you can add values with your own insight.
- For newbies, I always recommend to take the help of pen-paper and write down the topics in different columns that you like. For ex: Motivation, Fashion, Technology, Finance, Photography, Scientific research, Babycare, health care and so on. Now, try to write 5 post ideas for those different columns. When you are writing the post title, think about what you can write without taking reference. By the end of the 5th article, it will help you to find the topic (Niche) that you like the most.
This is a critical step before starting a blog, as it will help you to pick a topic that you are most passionate about. This will ensure that you will not burn out when your blog goes live.
If you are picking a topic that you like to talk about and write about, it will ensure that your burn out period will never come. So, I assume you have selected the niche for your blog which can make some money for you.
Conclusion- Selecting the appropriate niche is the first and the most important step for starting a new blog.
Module 3: Pick a Domain name for your blog
There are 4 rules that I usually follow when picking a domain name:
- Easy to say
- Easy to type
- Easy to remember
- Easy to make brand
A domain name is the URL of a blog which a visitor will use to open a blog.
For example; www.senrig.in
Now, there are a few rules which will help you to pick the best name for your new blog. Here are some of the tips from my experience:
- Prefer .com domain name above everything else.
- Your domain name should be easy to pronounce and easy to type.
- Make sure your domain name should not be confusing to the listener.
You can use Hostinger domain suggestion feature to check if your domain name is available or not. Simply enter any word that you have picked for your blog and it will also show you available domain name suggestions.
Name of your blog very crucial in my opinion. You can also have a domain name under your own name, and its great for personal portfolio or if you planning to make yourself a brand.
However, I prefer having a generic name so that in future I could have people running it, and I could enjoy the benefit of solopreneurship.
My suggestion is to be creative and follow the four rules I shared above. Here are a few things you should not do when selecting the domain name for your new blog:
- Don’t use a too long domain name. Try to keep it lower than 12 characters. Ex: sparkcomputereducationpoint
- Don’t use domain extension like .info, .net and so on, because they tend to rank bad in Search engines. I always prefer and suggest to use a domain name extension like .com or .org.
Step 4: Cheap WordPress Hosting Services :
How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 Now, let us build our blog on a hosting.
Web-hosting is where WordPress will be installed. This is a server which stays online 24*7 and all your future blog images, your blog design and everything will be stored on this server (hosting).
That is how your website will be up and running 24*7.
The good thing is, hostings are cheap.
There are plenty of hosting service providers but for your blog:
Bluehost is the idlest choice as it offers everything you need to create a blog. Features like:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain name (Saving of $12/year)
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Live chat support
- 30 days money back guarantee
And the best part, it only cost $2.95/month
Once you have made the payment, Bluehost will also create your blog in next 10 minutes. This will be done automatically and saves a lot of hassles for beginners who just want a ready-made blog.
If you like to learn by watching videos, here are two videos that will help:
Now, watch below video to learn about buying hosting and domain name:
Here is the cool part:
Once you are done buying hosting + domain name, Bluehost will automatically install the WordPress software on your domain name.
That means your blog is installed and now comes the cool stuff which is something every beginner blogger enjoys.
But, before we get there, have a look at this quick video to understand how you should be using Bluehost dashboard:
Step 5: Set up your blog
The best thing about Bluehost (as you see in the above video) is, it will automatically install the blog for you. However, you are not done, as you need to complete a few things before you will write your first blog post
To start setting up your blog for branding and make it perfect, I have shared some guides which you can refer to get started:
Step 6: Design of your blog
Blogging platform? Check!
Blog niche? Check!
Domain name? Check!
“The first impression is the last impression”, that’s the mantra we follow for a blog.
Blog design is the most important aspect of your blog because a good design will ensure that your visitors will love your blog. In fact, that is how your readers will remember your blog. Imagine your blog design as you with a nice outfit.
In WordPress, there is a concept called “WordPress themes”. How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 These are ready-made designs that are available for all types of blog.
There are many Free and premium WordPress themes out there. I always recommend to go for a premium theme because you will get all the support and starter guide, and moreover, you will have a quality design for your blog.
Here are easy to use modern theme clubs which I would recommend you to start with.
- Astra theme: This is a lightweight theme which offers the template for all kind of blogs. Once you install this theme, you can pick from the ready-made template and your blog design will be ready within 30-45 minutes. This is a perfect companion for any new WordPress blog. You can read Astra reviewto learn everything about this versatile theme.
- Genesis: This is one of the best theme frameworks out there. I use this for my website and i gets wonderful frameworks. You need to buy the theme, and skin to make it suitable for you.
There are many more premium WordPress theme clubs out there, but I recommend any of the above two for a professional start.
Step 7: WordPress plugins
There are thousands of WordPress plugins out there. Below I have mentioned only those plugins which you should install from day one.
Read this tutorial to learn how to install a WordPress plugin.
Here are plugins which you should have on your newly created WordPress blog:
- Yoast SEO
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
You can find a list of best WordPress plugins here.
How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 There are many more plugins, but the above plugins will ensure that you have all the basics plugin installed on your blog.
If you have followed, all the steps until now, your blog is up and ready.
Now, comes the part which you should be doing over the period of time and that is adding new content.
Step 8: Plan your content
Before you start writing your first blog post, you should make a content plan.
You can use an excel or use a Trello board. Here is a free Trello content planning board that you could use.
This Trello board also comes with a checklist to help you write the perfect article. Click on more on the right sidebar and click on copy board.
In the article ideas, write down all the content that you could write. You can also create an outline of the content if you like.
It’s a good idea to do this in one sitting and next time you can start writing your content (one at a time).
Step 9: Writing your first Blog post
Now, this is where the real fun begins, writing your first article.
How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 Here are the guidelines to help you decide what your first blog post should be about.
I will share some of the articles link below to get you started, but here are few tips which will ensure you don’t make mistakes a newbie usually makes:
- When you are writing your content, imagine there is a person sitting next to you, and you are talking to the person. Write in the first person tone, because there is a single person who is reading your blog. For example, you are reading this blog post alone. That is why you might notice, my tone is “I” and “You”.
- Your content should cover all the aspects of the topic you are writing about. Feel free to write 1000+ words.
- Do not copy images from Google. Rather use these sites to download free to use images.
- You can also embed videos from YouTube. Here is a tutorial on how to do that.
If you wanna skip the general crowd and level up your blogging game, then read my guide on SEO copywriting. This will ensure whatever you will write will help you drive great traffic from search engines.
Step 10: Add Pages on your blog
Add certain pages for blog for 2021 Here are some of the important pages, which you should have on your blog. You can add them over the course of the next few weeks…
- About page: Contains detail about your blog, and you.
- Contact page: A page with a contact form. How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 You can use free contact form 7or Jetpack contact form feature to create a contact form on WordPress.
- Media kit page: You don’t need it now, but you should know about it. This page is where you will write about your blog traffic and available advertising options.
- Disclaimer page
- Disclosure page
- Terms and conditions
Step 11: Driving traffic to your Blog
How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 So, you have got everything covered and your first blog post is live.
Now, the next step is to driving traffic.
Follow the steps mentioned here and that will help your blog to be visible in Google search.
Now, there are many techniques that you can use to get traffic to your newly created blog.
12: Getting social
How To Start A Successful Blog in 2021 Once you have established your blog, make your blog social so that your readers can join your community.
You just need to get started and no need to stress, as again I’m here to guide you with the best resources.
To get social with your blog, you need a Facebook page, Instagram account, Twitter account.
Here are resources, which will help you to get started here.